12.08.2006

Here I am, once again...

Well, it's been almost six months... good grief. But I've suddenly been inspired to blog again-- blame on my new knitting group (made up of my own peers-- it's a dream come true!) or on the new issue of Knitty. Or even on my new sweater that I am making... oh, did I not mention that? Well, here it is, in progress...
I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turning out. It's Lion Brand Homespun, and just the basic sweater pattern. It's refreshing to do so much stockinette knitting after some of the more complicated things that I've fouced on. This is my first BIG project-- and my mom made sure I bought all the yarn at once so that I didn't loose steam, like on the blanket (I will finish that some day!).
I think I'm a little burnt out on school. The knitting group last night was refreshing--it was amazing not to knit alone. And now I have my roommate hooked. She is amazing, by the way. Some how (and I still can't figure out how) she keeps managing to make random yarn-overs in the middle of her knitting. She has increased almost ten stiched since she started. But the amazing thing is, you can't tell. Her knitting is as straight and neat as anything. It's amazing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.