5.30.2006

Hot Summer Nights.... I mean Knits

So it's a warm May night. College kids are out for the summer. Most kids my age are out on a date or hanging with their friends at the theatre or In N Out.
I am sitting at home, taking pictures of yarn.
You gotta love my life.
Here are the results, anyway.

My Noro Silk Garden, Color #230 that was eleven frikin' forty-nine! I bought it because it was beautiful, but I felt incredibly indulgent about the price. I debated for a week whether or not to return it, but decided just to keep it eventually. I make a nice hat or scarf or something out of it. Because, you know, there is such a demand for such things in the middle of summer in Southern California.

This is my wool collection. It is all Lion Brand worsted weight. I made a number of hats out of it last summer that got hoisted onto my unfortunate family and friends. I don't really know what to do with it. I mean, it's wool. And again, Southern California. Doesn't really mix. I could make a scarf... I guess. Sheesh. But I really hate scarves. I do. Not wearing them, just knitting them. Takes a long time and it's quite repetitive.

No comments: