6.04.2006



I have come to grips with the fact that no other knitters will know I exist for a long time. I am ok with this (I tell myself...). That makes this blog kind of like an empty room. A wide open space with only a few things on the walls and one sole occupant. And while that occupant is alone, she can also say whatever it is she wants without worry that anyone else will hear or critique her. She knows her friends won't bother her in her little world of sticks and string and for sure that her boyfriend wouldn't touch a knittting blog with a ten foot pole. So.
Welcome to my room.
I have made a revolutionary discovery. It is called Mason-Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne. I love it. I was feeling quite discouraged as a knitter, but their down to earth advice and easy to follow patterns have inspired me.
So much so, that I have decided to take a leap with my precious Silk Garden and start a blanket, using the log cabin method, but without changing colors when I turn. And the square arrangement is a sort of hybrid between the Moderne Log Cabin Blanket, the Moderne Baby blanket, and my own whims and imagination, in true Stephanie style. This is what I got so far.
I love the way I get a different effect every time I turn the piece. It's the lazy girl's way to get a colorful blanket without having to change colors all the time and without having a billion ends to weave in, although I don't mind that so much. The fabric is so soft and warm. I can't wait to cuddle up in it... with a friend, of course. ;)

No comments: