More MDK Projects
Ladies and gentelman.... it's a dishcloth! This is the first one I made. I misread the pattern and shorted it a few bands, but my mother absolutely fell in love with it, so I gave it to her. The smaller size makes it ideal for her to use in the shower. I made another one, however, almost an exact replica, but with the proper amount of bands this time! (I counted how many there were in the picture in MDK--there are thirteen, in case you were curious.)
The blanket is also making progress. I've actually done about two more logs since the picture. I think it's coming about quite nicely. The yarn tab is killing me, though. I've had to halt proceedings for a bit while I recoup my losses and buy other things. Like food. I've got a good supply of cheap cotton to keep me busy, though, so I won't be at a loss for things to knit. I'll be busy working on all those other MDK beauties, like the Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono. I'm thinking about making one in dark blue with one of the motifs from the Kumo jacket, posted on Knitty, to make it just a little more Japanese. I might also expiriment with other Aisan designs and construction concepts, since, as I'm discovering, the pattern is amazingly versitile.